How do you get a publisher to look at your book?

I would love to become a published author (think fiction novels), but I do not know what is the right way to get a company to look at my work without hiring an agent. Is the key in your cover letter? If so, how do you write one? Thanks!
#writer #books #english-literature #writing

3

Rebecca’s Answer

To pitch a book you must write a query. It's a short synopsis to pitch your book and get their attention. I would recommend looking at samples online. Query letters typically have a hook, synopsis, title and length of book, book genre, and a short bio on yourself.

1

Simeon’s Answer

Find a good editor that you trust. Having professional eyes look over your work is worth every penny you can get. Be careful about posting your work online as you don't know who might try to repurpose it as their own work. Get the first edition of your work completed as quickly as possible and work on being a ruthless editor of your own work. If this is your first book, you might need to develop an online audience on YouTube, social media, or with a blog to prove to potential publishers that there is a market for your book. If you end up not being able to line up a publisher, you can use Amazon.com to self-publish. Amazon offers the service of being able to print off your book one copy at a time, so you don't have to worry about printing them off in batches.

0

Lucy’s Answer

I've not done this, but will forward to someone I know who has published books.

Lucy recommends the following next steps:

Await my reply.or reply.from published author to whom I'm forwarding.
Saved!

0