Saul L.’s Avatar

Saul L.

16

1

What are criminal justice career options for someone with impaired hearing?

Im a criminal justice major student and I applied to the State Corrections Department, but I was unable to pass my hearing test due to an ear surgery that I had early in my childhood. I understand many other career options require proper hearing, but I would still love to continue with criminal justice, so I was wondering what would be recommendations for my case. #criminal-justice

Saul,

It sounds like you have a realistic approach to things. Before switching gears, I was wondering if you have had a more recent eval by an ear specialist, to see if there is anything else that can be done for you? If so, may I suggest you look at "crime analyst" positions. I see a LOT of them listed. See link below. At the moment I'm not able to think of something applicable where you'd be out in the field more, but will come back to this if I do!

https://study.com/articles/Crime_Analyst_Job_Description_Duties_and_Requirements.html

Last updated May 12 at 11:01 PM