How do you make the transition from college to the work force?

Asked Monroe, Wisconsin

I know my mom went to a job fair at her college and was then offered her first job, but it's not the same everywhere. #first-job

Austin’s Answer

Updated Washington, Washington

Hi Rebekah,

Really great question. There are so many different ways to get a full time job after your graduate college. I graduated college May 2017 and all of my friends got jobs through different ways. There were some that went through on campus recruiting which was really lucky for them. On campus recruiting is when companies come to universities and hire for their entry level positions. It is usually the major corporations and highest paid jobs that do on campus recruiting. Some of my other friends who had internships in the past were offered jobs by their old employer which is pretty cool. They had internships during the Junior year and were offered the job upon graduating college. Others applied online, had a personal connection and leveraged who they knew, went to job fairs, or had family help the out. There are so many different ways to find a job that you should explore all your options so that you can get the best job possible. Apply online, talk to your family, talk to old employers, and go through on campus recruiting; you never know what will happen and you should put in the effort to hunt and track down the best job possible that suits your interests.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!!

Best,

Austin