What are some good study habits for my first year of college?

I have no idea what to expect from college and I don't know if I should use the same habits that I used in high school. #wondering

Rafe’s Answer

If you have good study habits from high school then continue them. In general, some good habits include:

• Be accountable of your own work
  • Be organized and keep a calendar reminder/alarm to make sure you are on point
  • Find a buddy or mentor on campus to help you navigate; universities usually offer various programs (take advantage of the help that the university provides)
  • Avoid procrastination and all-nighters, study ahead of time (even if only 1 problem a day for upcoming Homework instead of cramming them the night before they are due)
  • Avoid or minimize going to parties, club meetings, etc. until you are familiar with the college system; you want to be settled and comfortable with your academics first, then have fun exploring what else your college has to offer

Rafe recommends the following next steps:

• Go to your college or university website or ask them in person about mentor programs at your department, college or university level so you can join to get guidance and keep you accountable in terms of your studies