4 answers
Asked
286 views
What carrer can I choose if I am good on Math?
What carrer can I choose if I am good on Math, but I dont want to live doing only math in that job I want it to have other topics like science ect.
Login to comment
4 answers
Updated
Dima’s Answer
Hi Nora
If you’re great at math but want more than just working with numbers, you might love careers where math helps solve real-world problems. Fields like engineering, AI, robotics, physics, economics, or medicine combine math with science, technology, and creativity. This mix makes the work exciting and varied, much more than just crunching numbers all day.
Hope this helps
If you’re great at math but want more than just working with numbers, you might love careers where math helps solve real-world problems. Fields like engineering, AI, robotics, physics, economics, or medicine combine math with science, technology, and creativity. This mix makes the work exciting and varied, much more than just crunching numbers all day.
Hope this helps
Updated
Andrew’s Answer
Mathematics is the language of science and technology, and even finance and economics.
Hence, if you are good at mathematics, many academic and professional doors will be opened to you. You should ask yourself what your passion is. Then, you can make a choice for the future.
On the other hand, be flexible. Our interests and passions may shift. You are free to change your mind any time.
Hence, if you are good at mathematics, many academic and professional doors will be opened to you. You should ask yourself what your passion is. Then, you can make a choice for the future.
On the other hand, be flexible. Our interests and passions may shift. You are free to change your mind any time.
Updated
Damian’s Answer
Hi Nora,
I had this same question back when I was in High School. I searched up math-related careers and saw engineering, finance, etc. Eventually, I went on a college tour and was told about Actuarial Science. I ended up majoring in Actuarial Science in college, and I am now an actuary.
For background, actuaries perform all of the calculations necessary for insurance companies to be able to pay money to their policyholders when a claim is made. Lots of math involved - it's a good mix of statistics and finance. An actuary's job is more than the math, though - it also includes communicating complicated results to leadership teams (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) who are highly aware that actuaries perform the work that keeps the company profitable and in good standing with regulators.
I had this same question back when I was in High School. I searched up math-related careers and saw engineering, finance, etc. Eventually, I went on a college tour and was told about Actuarial Science. I ended up majoring in Actuarial Science in college, and I am now an actuary.
For background, actuaries perform all of the calculations necessary for insurance companies to be able to pay money to their policyholders when a claim is made. Lots of math involved - it's a good mix of statistics and finance. An actuary's job is more than the math, though - it also includes communicating complicated results to leadership teams (CEOs, CFOs, etc.) who are highly aware that actuaries perform the work that keeps the company profitable and in good standing with regulators.
Updated
Melissa’s Answer
Hi Nora. I had the same question as you when I was graduating with my BA in Mathematics. Up until my last year, I still had no idea what I could do with it besides teach Math or go on to get a Masters in Math. A friend of mine suggested going into technology so I looked into it and got an interview for a Solution Engineer. I thought I would just try it for a couple of years to earn some money, but then return to get another degree. However, I ended up LOVING my job. I wasn't exactly doing math every day but everything I loved about math - challenging myself all the time, breaking down complex concepts into something understandable to other people, and the feeling that I understood something that most other people didn't - all of those things applied to my job in technology. I was learning new tech every day. I was teaching others how it worked. Finally, I felt like I was ahead of the curve and could do anything after this. I have now been in the technology business for 12 years and have loved it every day. I know manager a team of Solution Engineers. I'm not saying it will workout exactly like that for you, but I wanted to share my story in case it helps you make your decision.
Also, try to remember that even if you pick a job and don't love it after a year or two, you can always change to something else. I don't think I fully understood that when I graduated school. When you're still early in your career, most employers understand if you want to change things up and try something new.
Good luck!
Also, try to remember that even if you pick a job and don't love it after a year or two, you can always change to something else. I don't think I fully understood that when I graduated school. When you're still early in your career, most employers understand if you want to change things up and try something new.
Good luck!