Is it a good idea to get a job the first semester of my freshman year of college?

I know I'm going to needed extra funds while in college and I would like to relieve some of the burden off of my parents but I'm not sure if I should wait until my second semester or start applying now. #college-job

2

Jasmine’s Answer

This is coming from personal experience....I worked while I went to school and it was extremely hard! I didn’t have much of a social life due to my class load and work schedule although it was part time. As a freshman, I would suggest starting classes first, once you’ve gotten into the swings of things with your classes then find employment, maybe even some sort of work study program or a paid internship that would assist you with your college course work and funds to assist you. Best wishes!

1

Emily’s Answer

Hi! This question was the same one I had when I started college. I decided to go ahead and work because I really needed the money and honestly for me it was very difficult. I stayed strong and worked through all 4 years, but after graduating, I feel as though I missed out on a lot of the college atmosphere because any minute I wasn't in class, I was working. I think finding a balance of working and school and personal life is definitely the key to it all. It is easier said than done, but I am sure you can make it happen! Just enjoy school because there are a loans and other ways to get the money needed for school.

0