Would you attend a school that was not accredited yet?

Asked Birmingham, Alabama

Schools sometimes are not accredited at first but are working on it. What are your thoughts? #graduate-school #accreditation

Updated San Antonio, Texas

What if. . . ?

No, I would not. I have seen too many promises go unfulfilled. I've seen schools paint themselves in the best possible light, while withholding the all too important information that you need to be able to make a truly informed decision. Students end up trying to band together to file a lawsuit, which is not easy to do.

If the school will defer your tuition so that you don't have to pay a single penny until after they are accredited, and if the promises that it looks good are coming from the accrediting agency, rather than the school, then. . . maybe. But, even then, if it falls through, you will have wasted your time. Your classes won't count. Why do you want to take a chance rather than go for the already approved program?