How do you become an engineer

6

My name is Charlie and I want to become an engineer. The reason I want to become an engineer is I want make a lot of money. What are some colleges that I could go to? #engineer

6

Ken’s Answer

0

This will tell you much about the various areas of engineering: tryengineering.org/explore-engineering/become-engineer

0

Farzan’s Answer

0

If making a lot of money is your main motivation at this point, why don't you also consider other disciplines like medicine, dentistry or law?

Having said that, I highly recommend following your passion and things that you are good at. For example if you enjoy solving mathematical and physics problems, then Engineering is one of the areas that you should be able to be good at which helps you position yourself for good career (and earnings) post graduation.

0

Nick’s Answer

0

I hope that there is more reasons for your interest in engineering than just money. Every college experience and career has its challenges and stress, so if you do not enjoy what you are doing the responsibilities never feels like they are worth the money.

Here is an article that ranks the top engineering schools. http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

0

Wael’s Answer

0

As the previous writers hinted, engineers don't make a lot of money. An engineer make around 55000/year after graduation and tops out around 150 towards his retirement.

0