What is your advice for CS student?
I am a CS student in Egypt but I am interested in BIS and Management.
I want to change my major but it is hard to change it here and I have some financial issues so I am searching for a scholarship.
I am preparing for TOEFL now with Arno.
By the end of 2026 I intend to place and take the test and my expected score is 90+.
I need to find a country that provides a chance to study that major like Turkey or another country, but I need to find one that is not as competitive as the US or Canada
Btw, my high school marks are 91.4% and I have a recommendation letter from a multinational company and from my teacher.
thank you for your time and consideration.
1 answer
Jean Noel’s Answer
Business Information Systems (BIS) and Management Information Systems (MIS) sit right at the intersection of Tech and Business—making your existing CS credits very relevant.
---
## 1. Top Target Countries for Fully Funded Scholarships
To avoid the intense competition and extreme costs of the US and Canada, focus on government-funded scholarship programs that cover tuition, living stipends, and accommodation:
### 🇹🇷 Turkey — **Türkiye Bursları Scholarship**
* **Why it fits:** Highly accessible, generous funding, and offers strong programs in **Management Information Systems (Yönetim Bilişim Sistemleri)** taught in English.
* **What it covers:** 100% tuition, monthly living stipend, free university dormitory accommodation, round-trip flight ticket, and 1 year of language preparation.
* **Eligibility Check:** Your 91.4% high school GPA well exceeds the 70% threshold. You must be **under 21 years old** when applying for undergraduate programs.
* **Application Window:** Opens annually around **January–February**.
### 🇭🇺 Hungary — **Stipendium Hungaricum**
* **Why it fits:** Extremely popular among Egyptian students. Hungary has dedicated bilateral education agreements with Egypt, giving Egyptian applicants an advantage.
* **What it covers:** Full tuition, monthly living allowance, free dormitory or housing contribution, and health insurance.
* **Key Programs:** Search for **Business Informatics** or **Business Information Systems** at top institutions like *Corvinus University of Budapest* or *Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE)*.
* **Application Window:** Opens around **November** and closes mid-**January** each year.
### 🇮🇹 Italy — **Need-Based DSU Scholarships**
* **Why it fits:** Italian public universities charge low tuition, and region-based scholarships (**DSU - Diritto allo Studio Universitario**) cater specifically to students from lower/middle-income backgrounds.
* **What it covers:** Full tuition waiver, free meals at university canteens, free or subsidized dormitory housing, and a cash stipend (~€6,000–€7,000/year).
* **Key Programs:** Look for English-taught *Business & Administration* or *Digital Management* degrees at universities like Ca' Foscari University of Venice, University of Padua, or University of Bologna.
---
## 2. Important Reality Check: Transferring Credits vs. Starting Over
Because you are currently a CS student, you have two pathways:
1. **Starting Fresh (Freshman Admission via Scholarship):** Major government scholarships (like Türkiye Bursları and Stipendium Hungaricum) evaluate you primarily on your **High School Certificate (91.4%)**, TOEFL score, and motivation letter. This is usually the easiest way to secure 100% funding, even if it means restarting from Year 1.
2. **Transferring Credits (Credit Recognition):** If you apply as a transfer student, you usually apply to individual universities rather than national scholarships. You will need your Egyptian university transcript and course syllabi translated into English to ask for credit exemptions.
---
## 3. Immediate Action Plan
1. **TOEFL Preparation:** A score of **90+** easily clears English requirements for 95% of programs in Turkey, Hungary, and Italy (which usually require 72–80).
2. **Frame Your "CS to BIS" Narrative:** In your motivation statement, do not frame CS as a mistake. Frame it as an asset: *"I built a strong technical foundation in CS, which I now want to leverage to solve strategic business and managerial challenges through Business Information Systems."*
3. **Organize Documents:** Get your high school certificate, Egyptian university transcripts, recommendation letters, and passport ready with official English translations.