What is the most efficient way to find scholarships that fit you

1

Rene’s Answer

Hi Mary! Scholarships can be challenging to navigate and spending hours reading through their requirements is unavoidable when looking on your own. I'm sorry to say, in my opinion, there is no real concrete way of pinpointing a scholarship that is right for you with out doing extensive research. However, using a variety of techniques may open more doors to opportunities.

For example, I work at a college, and I find myself reading through many different scholarships that are sent to me by various education outlets. I immediately start to unconsciously envision key students who I believe are best fit to apply. This is usually because these individuals visit my office to update us on their progress or to simply say hi and/or to seek advice for career development. Even though I put the information out to all students, I'll usually make it a point to push qualified students to apply.

That being said, it is important for you to network within your field of choice so that you encourage other people to think of your when opportunities arise. This is key, when tapping into the resource of the perspectives of others.

I wish you all the best!

Rene recommends the following next steps:

Make a list of professional/education people who you can call on for advice.
Network and build relationships

1