Is a Finance degree good to have in business?

Asked Clearwater, Florida

Im on my 3rd year and chasing a finance degree. #business #degree

Ann’s Answer

Hi Fierdeos,

Good question. This is a question I get from students all the time. The answer is that it depends. It really depends on what you ultimately want to do with your degree. A finance degree is great for someone is interested in careers like financial management, hedge fund manager, investment banking, personal and wealth management and financial analyst to name a few. Finance is really the idea of understand that the value of a $1 today is worth less than a $1 tomorrow unless it is properly invested. It is looking what certain financial decision will do in the future. If that is something that interests you, then yes a finance degree is good to have. If you aren't interested in investments or math, then I would recommend other areas of business such as: marketing, advertising, leadership and operations to name a few.

Ann recommends the following next steps:

• Search some of the job titles I listed above on O*Net to learn more about them. https://www.onetonline.org/