What degree do i need to become an obgyn or a neonatologist ?

Nathan’s Answer

Hi Arianna,

The education and training required for either of those positions require graduation from medical school, which requires you to get a bachelors degree and then graduating from medical school. After completion of medical school, you will need to complete a residency in either obgyn or pediatrics for neonatology. For neonatology, you will need to complete a fellowship in neonatology after completion of your residency.

Nija’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

Good Evening, I hope you are doing well. You have selected an interesting career. Way to go. I think it is absolutely great that you have a desire to ask questions about becoming an OB-GYN or a neonatologist. Here is my response to your question: The requirement for entering the field is that you must obtain a four year degree either in pre-med, biology; and chemistry prior to applying for medical school. You can refer to the 1) Occupational Outlook Handbook; 2) http://doctorly.org/how-to-become-a-neonatologist/; 3) https://work.chron.com/educational-steps-becoming-neonatologist-5120.html; and 4).career trend.com for further information about becoming an OB-GYN or neonatologist.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck to you. You are on your way to great success. If you need further assistance, I will be happy to help you. Enjoy!

Nija

Tyicha’s Answer

Updated Dallas, Texas

Complete an Undergraduate Degree Program. Pursue a four-year undergraduate degree, such as a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology. Students may consider taking courses in biology, chemistry and anatomy, which provide a foundation of education for medical school and human health.

Lawrence’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

You will need a bachelor's degree in sciences then move to medical school

After then you will apply for residency in ob gyn and then subspecialize in neonatology.

Good luck with your efforts to join a great professional opportunity