What degree do i need to become an obgyn or a neonatologist ?

Nija’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

Good Evening, I hope you are doing well. You have selected an interesting career. Way to go. I think it is absolutely great that you have a desire to ask questions about becoming an OB-GYN or a neonatologist. Here is my response to your question: The requirement for entering the field is that you must obtain a four year degree either in pre-med, biology; and chemistry prior to applying for medical school. You can refer to the 1) Occupational Outlook Handbook; 2) http://doctorly.org/how-to-become-a-neonatologist/; 3) https://work.chron.com/educational-steps-becoming-neonatologist-5120.html; and 4).career trend.com for further information about becoming an OB-GYN or neonatologist.

I hope this answers your question. Good luck to you. You are on your way to great success. If you need further assistance, I will be happy to help you. Enjoy!

Nija

Nathan’s Answer

Hi Arianna,

The education and training required for either of those positions require graduation from medical school, which requires you to get a bachelors degree and then graduating from medical school. After completion of medical school, you will need to complete a residency in either obgyn or pediatrics for neonatology. For neonatology, you will need to complete a fellowship in neonatology after completion of your residency.

Lawrence’s Answer

Updated New York, New York

You will need a bachelor's degree in sciences then move to medical school

After then you will apply for residency in ob gyn and then subspecialize in neonatology.

Good luck with your efforts to join a great professional opportunity

Tyicha’s Answer

Updated Dallas, Texas

Complete an Undergraduate Degree Program. Pursue a four-year undergraduate degree, such as a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology. Students may consider taking courses in biology, chemistry and anatomy, which provide a foundation of education for medical school and human health.