How do you know that a registered certified medical assistant?

Asked North English, Iowa

I'm Quartney. I'm a student at the Denison job corp. I think i would enjoy working in a pediatric clinic. I would apprecitate a your perspective on the practical aspects of working in this feild. #medical #medicine #nursing #healthcare

Alicia’s Answer

With pediatrics you not only deal with the patient but you also deal with their parents, so it requires some patience. The practical aspects of it is being prepared for frustrated parents, not only being comfortable drawing blood but being able to while others assist you. Drawing children often requires another phlebotomist, or their parent, to hold them still and comfort them if needed. I am not sure if you already are or training to be a Medical Assistant, but it can be extremely rewarding.

Alicia recommends the following next steps:

• Be understanding of parental concerns, do not dismiss them
  • Do not be afraid to ask for help, its pediatrics, it can have its hectic moments.
  • There will be a lot going on around you a lot of the time, in the same room and in other rooms, be patient.
  • Most importantly, pay attention to your patient, parents will answer questions and give information but getting to eye level with the child does help, and shows that you genuinely care how THEY feel.