why computer science?

why people choose computer science for their major?

4

G. Mark’s Answer

Computer Science is an inevitable part of just about everything we do and use today. And understanding it is always a good thing. In everyday life you will be exposed to computers, of course, robotics, the Internet of Things (IOT) and Artificial Intelligence. I was in pre-med in school and I happened to see a professor on a television monitor giving a lecture on something intriguing. It was computer science, and from then on I never looked back. Since this is something the affects us so much, it's likely it will be a secure profession for a long, long time. And another thing is that CS also has applications in the arts. Literature, music, psychology, medicine, construction... on and on and on. So why Computer Science? To those of us in the field, which today touches just about everything, it's irresistible And for those in any other profession, you'll likely encounter it on a daily, if not hourly, basis. If you're into writing, you'll have it. If you're into construction, you'll depend on it. Auto mechanics -- yes. Building maintenance? Law? Yes. Whatever you're interested in, you'll likely be very happy you learned at least some computer science. It's fascinating and very lucrative as a profession. At least get your feet wet. Chances are you'll be hooked.

0

Zach’s Answer

Computers are the futur and there's not enough engineer's to fulfill all the computer software engineering roles open right now. So, going in the field of Computer Science can land you a successful career.

However, CS is not for everyone and you need to understand what you enjoy in life.

0

Bill’s Answer

Just think about your day to day life and how much of it revolves around some kind of computer processing. Whether its your smart phone, tablet, computer. Everything is computerized. And its not going away

0

Thomas’s Answer

Computers are a fun career choice. Anyone whos looking into computer science should know where they want to land in the trade. What do you have a passion to do? I loved doing Networking, so I studied up on my networking and eventually became a network administrator. It's a broad choice but, I think that you need to find what you're passionate about. Then make a career out of it. Go to school, get some certifications, and never stop learning.

0