What impact can 5G have on education?

2

I know that 5G is the fifth generation of technology which enables the IOT (Internet of things) and mobile broad band. However, I would like to know what changes 5G would bring in education and student learning process? #tech

2

Jason’s Answer

0

Good Morning Shanvi,

As Jason mentioned 5G provides super low latency and consistent high speeds,  which means that your connection to others has no delay and is real time. I believe this will allow students from all over the world to collaborate with real time video and download resources like books, videos, documents in seconds not minutes to hours. Imagine students doing science experiments with multiply classrooms across the world and being able to receive feedback and make adjustments real time?  No need to write up a failed attempted and wait for others to provide feedback and start over. This can allow students to find breakthroughs way faster compared to current methods especially in the science field. No buffering, more people can connect to each other and no more waiting on downloads! I hope this was helpful and you see the benefits in your area in the near future!

0

Jason’s Answer

0

5G helps facilitate moving massive amounts of data very quickly and at low latency. This means you can have real-time ultra high resolution video streaming and video chats. It also allows for the devices you use in learning like a laptop, tablet or phone to have less processing power on board because this super high speed communication means you can send information to a cloud server, process it there, and then stream the results back. This could help facilitate distance learning in remote areas where things like power and battery life are a real concern.

0