What is the best place to work to grow as a Web Developer?

Asked Ottumwa, Iowa

Shyam’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Hi Jason,

Web development as an occupation is expected to grow 27% between 2014 and 2024, which means there will only be more job openings in the future (and there are already tons). And besides, the average general web developer is going to make around $65,000 per year, and often much more (especially if you’re an expert in something like Ruby).

But the best part about coding careers is that you can do the vast majority of them remotely, from anywhere with a decent internet connection.

Some things to think about while choosing a career in this field with any organization are

Upward Mobility : Opportunities for advancements and salary

Stress Level : Work environment and complexities of the job's responsibilities

Flexibility: Alternative working schedule and work life balance

Start-ups usually offer niche opportunities that have amazing career growth (Upward mobility), but may be stressful and not flexible. Free-lancing is another option.

However if free-lancing is not your cup of tea, then some of the top companies in the field (apart from the main once already mentioned in previous replies) are

• Konstant Infosolutions:
  • Blue Fountain Media:
  • Y Media Labs:
  • Iflexion:
  • Dom & Tom:
  • WillowTree:
  • Intellectsoft:
  • Chop Dawg:

Source : (https://www.itfirms.co/top-web-development-companies/)

HTH,

Cheers,

Shyam

Héctor’s Answer

Updated Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

Hey Jason,

that is a question I also had not only in the past but every time I feel I need a change. Working as a software developer is a long run. You always grow and you need to take the best from every place you have the opportunity to work on.

Firstly, if you are interested in web development I would recommend to just focus on web companies. If that is what you like you will have a lot options. Most of the software worldwide is web today.

Mentioning a concrete company is a tough task. There are so many companies to enumerate. I will give you a tip I used during my entire career. And it get insights from the ones working in those places. Ask them what's about working there, which is their daily basis. That's the most reliable source of truth.

If you don't you anybody in this field, there is a website that can help you: https://www.glassdoor.com/. Here you can fin reviews and information about almost any company in the tech industry.

Ming Ju’s Answer

Google, Facebook and Salesforce. Thoses companies are the place you can utilize your strength as a web developer/ programmer to make contribution to the world.

Depends on what "best" means to you!

Piyush’s Answer

Updated Bengaluru, Karnataka, India

Google, Amazon, Facebook, are some well known companies where there are lot of opportunities.

Here is the list of top 20 companies in web development

https://www.itfirms.co/top-web-development-companies/