I would like to work in architecture, but i don't know how to start? What would be some suggestions

2

I would like to work in a architecture industry but i don't know how to beginning, what would you suggest? #architecture #career-path

2

Nicolle’s Answer

0
Hi Jonathan! If you are still in high school or starting out in college I would try to contact local architecture firms (Google your city with architects behind it, or go to the American Institute of Architects webpage to find one) and ask them for a tour or for them to answer your questions. I did this while in high school and it helped me decide between Graphic Design, Advertising or Architecture. When you are getting ready to apply to programs try to immerse yourself in hobbies that explore a relative side such as carpentry (described above), photography, painting, anything where you plan a creative endeavor and then produce it. This will help you to create a portfolio to apply to colleges which require this on top of regular applications and SATs etc. Hope this helps!
0

andy’s Answer

0

Hi Jonathan,

I started off in architecture by taking all the drafting classes in high school and working part time as a carpenter. With very good grades I then went onto a art school and earned a bachelors of architecture. The profession is very time consuming and does not pay well for the amount of education you will need. If thats ok with you then go for it. If you are not sure about a bachelors in architecture a lot of my friends became architects by earning a masters in architecture after they earned a degree in something else.

Hope that helps

0