what is a typical day like at your job?

would you say a day at work goes by fast or slow? #job

7

Stacy’s Answer

I start my day by logging into my computer. I like to check my emails and daily error logs to make sure i am prepared for my work day. During my work day I strive to solve all of my customers calls, concerns, and issues. I look for a good resolution to provide the best customer experience. During my work day I help co workers with any issues that may arise. In my role there is a lot of problem solving and thinking outside the box to meet customers expectations.

1

Lucien’s Answer

Hi Klarissa,

I work as Business Development Representative at a Large software tech company. My role mainly consists of getting in contact with clients who have shown some interest in the services we offer and I try and find out the challenges they currently face and see if we can be the solution for them.

If they are still interested I have to organise a meeting for them to learn about our product in more details with one of our Account Managers which in turn hopefully leads to a sale!

It can get pretty stressful sometimes as we have a certain number of meetings we need to organise as well as some days clients really just aren't interested or really don't want to talk! However being able to bounce back from rejections and slow days is part of the role but also motivates you to keep trying and achieve the targets that our set out.

The days tend to go pretty fast as there is always so much to do and always new technology to learn about so you're constantly having to adapt every day so no two days are really the same!

You also get to talk to some really interesting people and learn about new technology from industries ranging from medical biotech all the way to AI software for driverless cars!

0

Ana Cristina’s Answer

Hi Klarissa, I work as a marketing operations specialist. Everyday is different but my main responsibility is to create campaigns and programs in various CRM platforms like Salesforce and Marketo. I receive the requests from our colleagues from different parts of the world and create them in these platforms. Also, I have to create a link between them so sometimes it is a little bit confusing but I have a team that helps me out.

We have weekly meetings to update our managers and teammates about the projects we've been working on.

And several activities throughout the week that helps everyone to be on the same page.

0

Melanie’s Answer

I work in the tech industry as a senior business systems analyst. I start my day with answering emails related to the systems or projects I support. Since my role involves working cross-functionally with various teams, my day is usually filled with meetings with those groups. We either discuss next steps in a project, discuss improvement in processes for our systems, troubleshoot any issues, or plan for upcoming projects. My days are never the same and the only exception is recurring meetings.

0

Fatima’s Answer

Hi Klarissa,

I'm an in-house lawyer for a single company and my job involves a mix of meetings, reading, and writing. Some days go by quickly while others go by slowly.

One day, I might have a full day of meetings where I'm learning about the different services we offer to our customer and how to make sure we provide those in a legally-compliant way. Other days, I might be reviewing and editing contracts or researching the law in a specific area. Internal individuals come to me with their legal issues and I help them solve them. It really varies!

Fatima recommends the following next steps:

Think about what you like to do - read, write, create, or collaborate with others. It might be fun to have a job doing something you like.
Think about how you best work - with people in a team environment or by yourself. You may want to look at careers where the type of environment energizes you.
Think about the industry you want to be in and what type of job you like. There are usually many types of jobs within one industry - you should look at job postings to see what each role entails.

0

Marisa’s Answer

As a customer success manager for a SaaS cloud company, I begin my day by answering emails, i look ahead at what customer meetings I have and build out power point presentations for them. I also review new features that my company is coming out with to let my customers know. I then test out the features myself so I am familiar with them. My day also can include customer calls, professional development, training, and strategizing about different customers and any big milestones they have coming up.

0

Erin Baudo’s Answer

Great question! Everyone's day is different, but for me, most days I travel into San Francisco for my job and work from our high-rise office building. I take the bus into the city, so my day usually starts with some work on my laptop or listening to music or a podcast while I commute in.

Once I'm in the office the first thing I do is get my coffee. Lots of people like to start their day this way at my office. It's fun because you always run into some coworkers in the kitchen first thing in the morning and it gives you a chance to catch up with them.

After coffee it's time to get to work. Most of my day at the office is spent in meetings - with my team or other teams. We use this as a time to discuss current projects, make decisions or learn about new initiatives at the company. I also work a lot on email and Slack in between meetings to stay caught up. Some days I will also work on larger projects at my desk, like building a PowerPoint presentation, writing a blog post or building a plan for a future project.

No matter what day I always try to spend as much time as possible with my team and make sure they have what they need to be successful in their jobs. We also try to have a little fun together too - like going out to lunch when we can.

After all that, I head back home on the bus and catch up on any last emails or work during that time.

0

Christopher F.’s Answer

I work in my company's legal department as an attorney. Typically, I get to work around 8:30am. I usually respond to emails that came from the prior night. The rest of the day is filled with phone calls with potential customer's negotiating contracts, and internal meetings with colleagues to discuss business issues. I usually leave the office around 6:00pm.

Each day is somewhat predictable but each day is also very different.

0