What does a typical day on this job look like?

2

I am a student at job crops, getting my training for Protective Services. I'm interested in joining the boarder patrol or the FBI, and would like to get some information from people who have experience with it.
#career #government

2

Christine’s Answer

0

While I don't work in this field, I have graduated from the FBI Citizens Academy and I learned a lot about how they recruit. First of all: STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. After that, find the closest big city near you can call the FBI office there. Here in California, they have people whose job is to work in the community and get folks involved with the local agents to better understand what they are working on. If they have a citizens academy near you, you can apply at age 18 and attend for six weeks to learn all about their jobs. It's totally free, they meet once a week at night and you will meet many local agents who can give you great career advice. For Border Patrol, consider checking out whether there is a local Explorer Program for high school students in your area. This usually opens up to 16 year olds and gets them ready for a career with CBP.

Christine recommends the following next steps:

• Research local offices for FBI and Border Patrol
  • Contact their community affairs person to ask about Citizens Academy or Explorer Program
  • Gather your personal references and apply for the program
0