Why do people leave human resource management?

2
2

Maren’s Answer

0

HR can be a difficult profession, but extremely rewarding because of the way HR professionals are able to impact and assist employees. However, HR is highly influenced by the organization as a whole and can be very hard when working for a company that has poor culture or poor management. I would see this being a major reason that someone would want to leave the HR field, as it is certainly a struggle to support employees when you disagree with the way the company operates and the policies they push. That said, working in HR for a great company can incredibly rewarding. Not to say that it's not difficult, but having the support of your organization and being able to help people the way that you would like to makes it "easier" in a sense and definitely more enjoyable! If you're interested in pursuing a job in HR, I highly recommend doing extensive research on the companies you apply for (which you should do in any case), and even reaching out to folks on the HR teams of those companies to inquire about the culture in order to try to get a sense of whether they are happy in an HR role at that particular company!

0

Nidhi’s Answer

0

This is one of the thing that I wanted to pursue sometime back. When I was done with my btech and wanted to further pursue MBA in HR, I started studying for it, watching videos and much more. For fun, I started calling my cousins pretending to take their interviews when I realized that this thing needs a lot of patience. Even if you're in a bad mood, even if you do not want to entertain people, you have to do it because that is your job. This makes the life of an HR more difficult. Although it seems to be a very simple profession where there is nothing much to do but when you actually step into the shoes of an HR you realize that it's much more than that. And this is one of the biggest reasons why people don't stick to it.

0