what does a typical day in the life of a plastic and reconstructive surgeon look like?

2

high school student looking into becoming a plastic surgeon #premed #doctor #medicine #surgeon #surgery

2

Sydney’s Answer

0
I am not a surgeon but I have shadowed a few plastic reconstructive surgeons. I highly recommend you ask to shadow someone in your city or state to get your own opinion on what their day-to-day looks like. From what I have seen, plastic/reconstructive surgeons spend a lot of time having patient consults. This is where the surgeon gets to know the patient and what operation they want to have done. The surgeon will evaluate the area in question and discuss the surgical options to help the patient reach the desired aesthetic. Less time is devoted to actual operations, but it still takes up over 20% of the surgeon's time. There are also follow-up appointments after every operation, for many weeks or months. Hope this helps!
0