Whats the most stressful/challenging part of being a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner

1
1

Caroline’s Answer

0
From my experience in hiring and working psychiatric nurse practitioners. The most stressful part of their job comes as a newer provider. You never know when to call 911 , or when a patient needs to switch a medication that perhaps is not working for them. Overtime practitioners at my company become more comfortable with making emergency decisions. I would also say it is a challenge to gather all your licenses and documentation to join a practice. Many new grads do not know how long it takes to have your DEA, Mal Practice insurance , NPI, NP License, ect. My advice is to build resiliency & ask for help when you need it. Visit SohoMD.com If you interested in knowing some of our PsychNPs, you may find their bios quite interesting.
0