I am in the 9th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, My question is that is a Help desk technician a Hard but good paying job?

#job #career #technology My teacher gave us this career and i need to find out what its about.

Ken’s Answer

Unfortunately, Help Desk technician jobs are typically seen as entry level positions. They are good jobs to get your foot in the door, get some experience under your belt, and maybe learn more about what you do and don't like about the IT field in general. Help Desk can be difficult because many times you are dealing with end users to resolve technical issues and the end user doesn't know enough to give you the right information. So, there's a skill to learning how to ask the right questions and lead the user a bit to giving you what you need to know. End users can also be notoriously difficult to deal with. in general. Depending on what resource you look at, starting salary for help desk jobs may be in the mid $20,000 range with a median National salary of close to $45,000 a year. There are support engineering positions where you support specific products or product lines for specific customers which is a much more advanced position than a typical help desk position. My experience with talking to new employees in those roles are telling me they're ranging from $50,000 - $60,000 starting out.