What are some ways that you can give advise or pointers to new students that who are coming into a trade that they are interested in

1

I am 19 years old and I've graduated from high school and i'm just now entering in a trade school that I'm going into medical field. #medicine #medical #medical #healthcare

1

s’s Answer

0
Alan Watts ("Wisdom of Insecurity"; "The Meaning of Happiness") would ask students who came to him for career advice: "What would you do/become if money were no object?" They would answer variously, often in fine arts: "I'd be a writer, or painter/artist; or musician." Watts would then say, "Then you do that." If you love what you do, and apply yourself, the money will come as a by-product. And, if it doesn't (at least in great amount), better, Watts would say, to have a fulfilled life loving what you do than do what you dislike or detest. Surveys have shown that about 70% of Americans are employed in work they don't really enjoy. To me that's sad. I know that doesn't really answer your question, which I will attempt to do here: do the best that you can. Be the best that you can be. The most important thing (to me) is that you enjoy your work. Best of luck.
0