where can I meet advertising professionals to network? I looking an internship opportunity in advertising industry.
I'm a self-taught Web Designer, SEO and Search Engine Marketer out of Toronto. I'm also the founder of Ads of Toronto, a curated website library dedicated to advertisements published in Toronto and afreewebite.org, a free website building platform. I'm passionate about media Planning, buying and Search engine marketing and optimization. I'll be graduating from Sheridan College with a diploma in advertising marketing and communication management in April 2020. I love learning new things especially digital and ad tech and eager to get into the advertising industry. I spend most of my time either reading, working at my college as a student ambassador and working on assignments. Every night, I end my day with an hour of Netflix and chill time. #marketing #advertising #internship #SEO #SEM #DigitalMarkering #business
11 answers
Michael’s Answer
Amber’s Answer
Ryan’s Answer
Neha’s Answer
The One Club for Creativity hosts student competitions, like the "One Show College," and offers portfolio reviews, which are excellent for creative roles.
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) has local chapters in many cities, providing student memberships, mixers, and mentorship programs to help you connect and learn.
The American Association of Advertising Agencies (4A's) focuses more on the business side of agencies, making it great for those interested in strategy or account roles.
The American Marketing Association (AMA) covers a wide range of marketing topics and often overlaps with advertising. Most colleges have a student chapter, making it easy to get involved.
Kevin’s Answer
Andrea’s Answer
Andrea recommends the following next steps:
Dan’s Answer
1. searchengineland.com
2. socialmediatoday.com
Alison’s Answer
John’s Answer
It's important to note that you should not be asking for a job in these meetings, you are just learning about their experience. Come prepared with questions to ask and always include what recommendations they have for an aspiring professional looking to get into the field.
Best of luck!