Does it really need to be a Degree Holder before getting the PPL?

3

I'm going to college next year and I'm taking the Aviation course, I like asking questions to the professionals about the career I'm talking . #career #college #aviation

3

Robert’s Answer

0
If I understand your question correctly, You are wondering if you need a college degree prior to getting a private pilot license. While I can't say for sure what the rules are in your country, but here in the US there is no need to have a degree prior to getting your PPL. While there is a general age limit, if you can drive a car you are allowed to pursue a PPL no matter your level of academic education. For me personally, I received my PPL while I was also working through my Aerospace Engineering degree. The real-world applications to some of the things I was learning in the class room made a big impact on my knowledge and helped me have the confidence to persevere thru the heavy class load.

Robert recommends the following next steps:

• Double check you civil aviaiton authorities (CAA) regulations for general aviaiton and/or PPLs
  • find a local and CAA-approved instructor
  • see if they will offer a free introductory lesson and flight
0

Robert’s Answer

0

0

Pablo’s Answer

0
Hello!

It's great your planning on starting your career, congrats!
My first recommendation would be to check the specific requirements for PPL with your local Transportation Authority.
They usually have all the information posted online so it's current and open for anyone.
Regardless, if its a requirement or not considering expanding your knowledge and experience.
My other recommendation would be directly check with providers, such as college/flight clubs; they help and assess new-students with paperwork and requirements.

All the best !

Pablo recommends the following next steps:

• Check with regulations and norms with your local aviation/transportation authorities
  • Check with other sources, such as aviation college or flight clubs
  • Check with a certified flight instructor
0

Alan’s Answer

0
In the United States no, a college degree is not a requirement for holding any level of pilot license. Many companies DO require a college degree prior to becoming employed by that company.

In the Philippines, there does not appear to be any requirement for a college degree for any level of certification:

https://www.wccaviation.com/quick-guide-in-getting-your-pilot-licenses-in-the-philippines/

Good luck in your flying career.
0