is being a emergency nurse stressful

I would say so you have to rush around make sure everything is ready Marie E.

https://www.nursingschool.org/warning-hazards-of-being-an-er-nurse/ Roshan JC

8

Based on the amount of turnover of nurses in the ER, I would say it must be stressful. Probably slightly less stressful than the ICU, which at my hospital is always losing nurses to other jobs.
0

Estelle’s Answer

Yes.

You can't control when patients come in.

You cant control how sick they are.

You can't control the people who don't need to come in but still waste your time.

It's a difficult job, but it can be very rewarding.
0

Samantha’s Answer

Absolutely! If this is an area you're passionate about, study and work hard to accomplish your goals.
0

Any profession that a person chooses to go into will be a love more than a job, if they enter the profession with the right mindset! A lot of people chose careers based on salary only to find that it is way more difficult than they anticipated! The helping profession is a giving profession so you must be safe inside your heart mind and soul to venture into it! You may not receive a lot of thanks from those you help and if that is what you seek, give your career choice another thought! It can be tireless work and very demanding! But seeing that you have helped someone who may never remember what you did for them is rewarding to you, then go for it and all the best to you!
0

Jacob’s Answer

Hi - any job can be stressful, it's how you deal with the stress is the major thing. Regardless of your job or career you need to have ways to relief your stress.
0

Estee’s Answer

It can be stressful but it can be challenging and enjoyable as well! I love it. It is fast paced, patients are in and out, I learn so much every day. So tiring but gratifying! It really all depends on your personality and niche in nursing. Goodluck!
0