What are some things you wish you knew before going into nursing school?

3

I am currently a rising senior that is starting to apply for direct entry BSN programs in the US.
#school #college #nurse #nursing #july20 #advice

3

KatieAnna’s Answer

0
It is great that you are already applying for your BSN. I do agree with Iris, in gaining experience as a PCT or CNA. One thing I would suggest, is not just doing this in the area that you are interested in, but trying the float pool ( if you are going into hospital nursing) so you get a wide array of experiences from Med-Surg, ICU, Ortho, Oncology, Emergency, etc.
0

Iris’s Answer

0
I wish I had thought to consider having a part-time or per diem job as a PCT (patient care technician) or CNA (certified nurse assistant) while in nursing school, esp. on the floor that I was interested in. It gives you a lot of hands-on experience and you can see what the nurses do. In addition to hands-on experience, it could also help you when applying to nursing jobs after graduation. Some floors will even hire you on to the floor after you become a nurse, making for a smooth transition from one position to another.
Thank you so much! Veronica S. Translate
0

KatieAnna’s Answer

0
0