What are some career paths within the business side of healthcare?

4

Alfredo’s Answer

Hi Sakura,

As with any business, there are many sides to business side of healthcare. You need to decide the setting, the job function, and the type of sub-industry within healthcare. Janice and Lacee already outlined the setting quite well, the job function can be in anything that goes on in a business. Hope this helps!

0

Janice’s Answer

Hi Sukura-

The business side of health care can be an exciting and interesting career choice. Depending on the setting you choose to work (clinic, private practice, hospital and more), various opportunities are available. Consider finance, insurance, administration, and marketing, environmental services, legal services, medical records and more. Perhaps you could shadow a business worker to learn more about roles and responsibilities. Good luck!

Thank you ! Sakura E.

0

Ally’s Answer

Hi Sakura,

I think it depends on what you want to do in the business side that will determine the field but one potential field could be that of an insurance broker. These brokers are essentially the middle man between a company and the insurance carriers. They help negotiate premium rates or resolve claims and also hold health fairs (similar to marketing/outreach). One company that you might want to look into is Lockton. They're a huge insurance broker company that deals with many small and large companies.

Hope that helps!

0

Lacee’s Answer

Hello Sakura! I have found many opportunities on the business side of healthcare being a nurse with a MBA. I work in the health insurance space and find my job to be very rewarding.

If you are not planning to obtain a nursing degree, there are other business opportunities such as contracting/credentialing, marketing, financial, pharmaceutical representatives, etc.

It would depend on the healthcare space you want to enter into. For example, would you want to work in a hospital setting, a health insurance setting, or a pharmaceutical setting? That would be the first question I would answer and then research some options...or post another question here.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Thank you so much! Sakura E.

0