How do I qualify for available scholarships ? #GivingisCaring

Hi everyone, my name Donteè and I'm a 17 year old college student. I'm currently majoring in chemistry, biology and math. However, my dream is to become a forensic scientist in the future. I'm just around here looking to make connections and hoping for a Scholarship maybe 😅 #forensicscientist

Hey Donteè! I understand your concern with how to cover some of the costs in college. And what I found really helpful is going to your school's homepage and applying for the pell grants months in advance. A lot of students wait until the last minute to check for them, so the university will see how prompt you are and review your application quicker. I also find the smaller scholarships that require an essay tend to reach out to applicants more frequently. I hope this helps! Kennedee B.

Are you studying anatomy..yea you would get one Chinonso E.

1

Amari’s Answer

You can find scholarships directly from your college or you can find outside opportunities. For example if you Google STEM scholarships you will see many results. Most scholarships will require an application, so you'll need to carve out some free time to write the essays and gather the required documentation. You can also search for scholarships based on factors other than your major. For example, if you are a first-generation college student, or if you are a student of color or if you have a disability, there are many targeted scholarship opportunities available. Remember to look at the amount awarded before you spend lots of time on an application, as some scholarships are smaller than others. And of course, scholarships are very often grade-dependent, so make sure to keep your GPA as high as possible, and introduce yourself to your professors so that they remember you in case you need to ask for a letter of recommendation. Good luck!

0