Tiffanie L.

4071

84

Would you say that it is bad to go to frat/sorority parties?

Just wondering since they seem to get really bad rep #college #career #greek-life

Hi Tiffanie --

I agree with Jason. Expect there to be things available and/or going on at any college party that could potentially lead to problems so be smart. Also, be careful how you use social media. A lot of times in the middle of having a good time, pictures and videos are made that may not be the visual you would like to share with the world.

College should be a combination of a lot of experiences including fun, so have some and enjoy yourself.

Karen

Last updated Aug 25 '16 at 10:24

Hi Tiffanie,

My humble opinion is that you focus on your studies. The only thing I ever learned at a party, is what not to do ;)

I get it, that this a pivotal time in your life and you want to branch out socially, but I know many people that got distracted and started focusing too much on their "Social Studies" and it took them an extra year to graduate, if ever!

Not to be a downer, have fun, but be smart about it and error on the side of caution.

Cheers!

This professional recommends the following next steps:

Last updated Mar 05 at 19:40

It's not "bad", but it does involve restraint and maturity. Joining sororities and fraternities provide you with a strong set of friends, as well as a plethora of contacts that could be useful post-college when looking for employment. All I would say at this point is - just be yourself. Don't force yourself to do something you're not comfortable doing. And most of all, do make sure you enjoy your time in college :)
Last updated Jul 25 '17 at 21:31

I would not say it is bad, but be smart about it. My experience has shown me that they do not differ from most parties in college. There is going to be someone there with alcohol and possibly/likely drugs. Maintain your self control and all should be well. Never take a drink from someone you don't trust and go with a friend.

Last updated Aug 25 '16 at 00:14

Schools Add a school