What kind of classes should I take if I want to be a mechanical engineer

I love coding, figuring out how things work, and knowing what they do. #mechanic

1

Eric’s Answer

Jayden, a career in mechanical engineer can be very rewarding and requires a strong background in mathematics, physics and chemistry. Expect two semesters of calculus and an additional two semesters of advanced engineering math. The foundation of your mechanical engineering studies will include statics, dynamics, thermodynamics, strength of materials and fluid mechanics. From there you will begin to take courses specific to the field of mechanical engineering that interests you. Since mechanical engineering is fairly broad in its application in the professional world, I suggest figuring out what you want your emphasis to be so that you can take as many upper-level engineering courses that are specific to that area of emphasis.

All the best,

Eric

1

Derek’s Answer

Definitely take some physics, calculus, and coding classes as they are all crucial to engineers.

0