5

How to further your career business

#career #career-development #career-options

5

3

Jenn’s Answer

Always keep learning. Self education is one of the best ways to become consistently successful in your career, whichever field you choose. Furthering your career path is going to be determined by how proactive you are in how you want to be better overall. Also be focused and always work with integrity and sincerity.
3
2

Muhammad’s Answer

It's important to think of your career as a journey not a race. So, enjoy the process and each step, while looking up once-in a while to correct your course.

Also, you have to continually ask yourself, what it is that you are looking to gain from a career & if your current path will get you there.

For me personally I want to gain fulfillment by applying my engineering expertise, while continually learning new skills & helping people. Also, hopefully leaving the world a better place through my contributions.

So, with that goal in mind I am looking to pursue a technical manager or subject matter expert position down the road. This way I can have the greatest influence and do the most good. In the short term, I am focusing on continuing to build my engineering skills by attending school part-time and challenging myself to innovate at work. Both of which bring me fulfillment in the short-term and also align with my long term career goals.
2
1

Melissa’s Answer

I think this partly depends on what exactly you'd like to do in business but there are few key lessons I've personally experienced.

- Finding your own personal 'board of advisors'. These are your guides and mentors who can be a sounding board, provide advice, encouragement, etc. in your career journey.
- Technology. No matter what you pursue, always staying updated on the latest technology that is being used in your industry, role, company and even becoming a SME (subject matter expert) on a specific application - could be something basic like Slack or Salesforce CRM can go a long way for you in terms of the value you can bring to your organization
- Discipline and hard work (*cue eye-roll) - but seriously, showing you're willing to do some extra credit work that is outside of your 'job description' earns significant credibility with leaders who can promote you or recommend you for other roles down the road.

Melissa recommends the following next steps:

Start building your advisory board - a teacher, coach, family member or small business owner you've come to know! Ask if you can buy them a coffee and pick their brain for advice!
1
0

Aya’s Answer

Always keep going, and find what's hot in the market, then you can pick up the skills and transition careers.
0