How much do athletic trainers get paid by the hour?

I would like to know if it's different for different work environments. athletic-therapist medicine salary

1

Anthony’s Answer

Hi Italy!

I'm a huge data nerd, and I love the resources that the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics put out, because they answer your *exact* question for almost any industry or employment you can think of!

For Athletic Trainers nationwide, they earn a median salary of $49,860 per year. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $32,980, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $75,810.

The pay for Athletic Trainers can vary somewhat depending on what type of environment you enter. For instance, within educational institutions, the median salary is $54,140 per year; within hospitals, $49,030 per year; and fitness and recreational centers, $46,970.

The BLS maintains an online database where you can see not only pay information, but also learn more about what job skills/degrees/certifications would be useful, what the outlook for the industry is expected to be over the next ten years, and even dive into the employment and pay data by state or geographic location. I highly encourage you to take a look at the data yourself; you can find the statistics for Athletic Trainers here: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/athletic-trainers.htm
0