Skip to main content
1 answer
2
Asked 1053 views

How do pharmacist stay up to date with new drugs and other trends affecting this profession?

I want to grow up and become a pharmacist, I have learned that the salary for a pharmacist in Florida is around $122,540 per year. Also I want to be able to help people get their medication for any type of diseases they have. #medicine #healthcare


2

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Matthew’s Answer

I'm fairly certain that there are Continuing Education requirements that pharmacists must fulfill to maintain their licenses; every sort of licensed profession that I know of has them.

Online courses with quizzes, seminars, or conventions with public speakers are all ways to satisfying Continuing Education requirements. For instance, I had a Loss Adjuster license that required X hours of CE credit for Ethics every year or so, Y hours of CE credit in Legislative Updates, etc.

Here's a little flier about Florida's CE requirements for pharmacists; I can't speak to whether it's correct, up-to-date, or useful. But I hope this answer gets you headed towards the answers that you want!

https://cdn.ymaws.com/fshp.site-ym.com/resource/resmgr/files/ce_requirements.pdf

Definitely pop by your local pharmacy the next time it looks free and take a couple of minutes talking to the technicians and pharmacist there. They'd probably love to answer your questions so long as they have the time.
0