what motivates you to help others

3

Padmapriya’s Answer

Nice question, Kaydence.

Motivation comes from self and we feel happy when we help someone. Even a small act of kindness can make a big difference in someone's life. I personally volunteer during my leisure hours and end of the day I feel happy. You can think about volunteering activities in your surroundings and help people around you. It creates a sense of belonging. It gives you a sense of purpose.

Helping others may just be the secret to living a life that is not only happier but also healthier, wealthier, more productive, and meaningful. Our passion should be the foundation for our giving.

Hope this helps. All the best!!
1

Bob’s Answer

Its a great question that I plan to answer in a general way - though I see you have a medical field hashtag fo oncology and med - so assume you are really targeting those in the medical fields.

Helping others is part of human nature - its what we do. If you believe in God and his ask 'to love all others' then you will help all others and do it without question. Given the busy and complex world we live in if we are able to understand the need or the ask we can be objective on how we help - be it directly or indirectly - and we may decide not to help if its not safe, we do not think we can help, we are busy, or we do not believe the person or persons deserve our help.

So what motivates me to help others? It feels good, its satisfying, and it help me feels better about myself. Writing responses to your question or other questions is a good example. I am much older than you and I have had a lot of life experiences where I needed help or I offered help - and for the most part it felt great to be helped and to help. So I am easily motivated to help others.

In my role I help others in my company to source and procure materials and supplies to do their jobs - this work is very satisfying and I am easily motivated. In my personal life I am happy to help family and friends - I am easily motivated.

Back to God - he says the best gift is giving - so giving my time to help others is the best gift.

I can think of no better gift than helping others who are sick as surgeon, doctor, nurse or anyone working in that field
0

Rebecca’s Answer

It depends on your heart and how you think. Everyone has sympathy and empathy. We have someone (e.g. our family, friends, etc.) we love and also we have someone who loves us. God loves everyone in the world too.
It is the same for other who needs our help. So, we just extend our love to more people. On the other hand, you would feel the joy and happiness after helping the others.
I am glad that you can bring up this question. That means you would like to help others too. I suggest you can explore any volunteering opportunities in your neighbourhood or in the school. You will feel it after helping people. Sometimes, not only happiness and joy, you may also learn something new when helping people.
Hope this address your question!
0