How can I prepare myself for an ESG function, being an IR student?

1
Pros
1
0

Dannie’s Answer

Investment Recovery is a booming part of many companies as they move into a more circularity of their economy and also wanting to be great Corporate Citizens. I think one of the best ways to prepare yourself for the career future is to start looking at companies that are also moving towards circular economy or ones that are heavily invested into society, being green etc.
I find this resource to be of great value - https://kumu.io/ellenmacarthurfoundation/educational-resources#circular-economy-general-resources-map/key-for-general-resources-map/intro-to-the-circular-economy. You can use it to start sifting through some of the movement and companies that are entrenched in Circularity for the economy.

Lastly, I would say utilized the education and start thinking what value you can bring to most companies, to help them get to world class sustainability and reverse economy. That is, thinking end to end, who buys the products, the life cycle and instead of thinking about cradle to grave, foster the opportunities that can prevent landfill, so Gradle to reuse, remanufacture, recycle, etc.
0