9

Salesforce Admin

I have salesforce Admin Certification, but when trying to apply for entry level/ junior roles, they are asking for 2+ years experience in salesforce
I have 4 years of experience as a quality analyst and mobile survey scripter in market research org.

9

3

Kiaya’s Answer

APPLY! You have credentials that align to 2 years of experience with your certification and other work experience.

Although you dont have the true 2 years of hands on experience with Salesforce your background and demonstration by getting a certification that you are invested is what employers are looking for when opening an entry level Salesforce position.
3
1

Stuart’s Answer

Keep applying and keep presenting that four years of yours as critical and relevant experience - really think through what you learnt and how you delivered in those four years as I'm sure you have key skills and experience developed for your Salesforce job in there. My blog on experience and how we recommend employers think might help (https://www.salesforce.com/uk/blog/2022/02/is-it-time-to-re-imagine-how-we-define-experience.html). And keep building your hands on experience through projects and superbadges as well as trying volunteering.
1
0

Anubhuti’s Answer

I know this is catch 22 situation. I've been through it myself. Your best bet would be to volunteer or do pro bono work. You could also find gig/freelance work using upwork and other such sites.
This you can add to your resume in lieu of experience.

Anubhuti recommends the following next steps:

Volunteer using TapRootPlus.org or Catchafire.org
Find small projects on Upwork.com and other freelancing sites
Find Pro bono opportunities in glassdoor, ziprecruiter etc.
0
0

Ricardo’s Answer

Hi Navya,

This is a standard challenge in entry level positions, you are required experience, but nobody offers experience.

What I’d suggest is to take training sessions online and read/research about the tool. It might not give you hands-on experience, but would give you theoretical experience.
0
0

Sujeet’s Answer

Hi There,

You have got a certification done, that means you have the basic knowledge around Admin Processes.
What you need to do is to understand few things in detail which will help you clear the interviews -
1) How to create users
2) How to create profile
3) What are sharing rules, how to create those
4) Difference between custom and standard objects
5) How to enable/disable Lightning
6) How to set up SSO
7)How to create Connected Apps and its significance

Prepare few more topics around admin configuration and I am sure you can crack interviews. Try to be true to yourself, make sure you really understand what you are doing.
0
0

Amy’s Answer

Hi Navya,

I would definitely encourage you to still apply! You've got some great experience to share, as well as a Salesforce certification. Additionally, if you'd like to get in some more practice and understand business applications for some of our products, I'd encourage you to spend some time on Trailhead (link below in the next steps section) and even check out some of our Superbadges - these can be a great way to highlight your skill set as well. I hope this helps!

Amy recommends the following next steps:

https://trailhead.salesforce.com
0
0

Diego’s Answer

Hy Navya. I would apply anyway. As you can see there's some kind of contradiction when companies are looking for a JR position but they expect you to have lot of experience.

You have the admin certification that enables you to say you have enough experience with the product for a JR position if you are committed continuous learning and knowledge improvement.

I hope this opinion will be helpful to you.

Regards,
Diego
0