What is the best path to become a nurse practitioner?

I would like to be one #nurse #nurse-practitioner #healthcare

Well, I'm not there yet, but I had a plan of becoming a nurse (RN), and working and go back to a np program some are like 2-3 years. Any other question, I'll be happy to try and help! Myla S.

I agree with Myla S. Go to nursing school and get your RN then work for about 1-3 years, then go any apply to NP schools. Jacquese B.

1

Ann’s Answer

So I am currently a BSN RN CMSRN for Penn Medicine and I have a been a nurse for 22 years. My advice to you even before school, you must love and care for people. Patients can be very challenging to take care of. I have been spit at, cursed at, and almost punched. I love what I do and I would not change it for the world. I often hear from students that as a nurse they will make a lot of money. This is not the reason for being a nurse. When thinking in terms of going back to school for nursing you absolutely need the BSN. Hospitals are not hiring associate prepared nurses. When you finally get your BSN practice in your specialty for 2 to 3 years. After about 3 years now get critical care experience which will be extremely helpful. Just an FYI....NP'S do not make much more money than an RN but NP'S have a tremendous amount of responsibility. So with all this information I hope this is helpful. Good luck

0