Im interested in media but not sure what degrees or jobs I can get?

What kinds of degrees can I major in that involve media, and what jobs can I get with that degree plan? #media #broadcast-media

4

Sara’s Answer

Early in my career, i took another approach to media involvement. I was a media planner and buyer which is taking a client's budget and planning where it makes the most sense for their advertising message to live to deliver to their target and meet their goals. This includes buying media space across different vehicles including broadcast. I'm not sure if this is an approach you're interested in but there are many ways to achieve this career. The University of Texas has a specific advertising and media program, but other colleges typically offer advertising specific classes in their marketing programs. I would recommend a decent amount of math classes as the position is focused around financial planning.

0

Barry’s Answer

Hi, Tyler:

How are you? The possibilities are endless for you, if you want to work in media. If you're interested in being a reporter, go for a broadcast journalism degree. To be a producer, director, sound engineer, photographer, etc, you can go for a Television/Radio/Film degree.

You can also major in photography, public relations, and many others. Think of what you would like to DO first, then find the major & college to get you there.

Barry Abrams
ESPN

0

Hira’s Answer

You must opt for Bachelors programs in Film, TV & Production. You can get jobs in print and electronic media both. In their production or content development department as well.

0

Ariana’s Answer

Sometimes internships are more valuable then College. And it saves you money! Experience is going farther now a days then college classes, especially in media .
Hope this helps!

0