How can I become a successful welder with low-income family?

Updated Texas, Texas

#welding:I took a survey and it turned that I like Architecture and my dad told me to be a welder and in that category, welding fell in to my interest and with other career clusters. #manufacturing #heavy-industry

Updated San Antonio, Texas
Hi Cesar! I recommend checking to see what programs are available at your school. Some schools have Ag programs that teach metal fabrication/welding. It's a good place to start! Get good grades (in everything!) and you could possibly get scholarships to help with school. Also consider joining the military, which will give you some really good training. But don't be a welder just because that is what your Dad suggested. Ask yourself if that is what you want. There are many other areas in Architecture, including drafting. Explore all the others and see if there is anything else that appeals to you. When you are doing a skilled trade, or an art, it should be something you feel is a good fit for you. Keep your options open! Kim