What is the benefit of going on to earn a masters degree after undergraduate school?

1

I know graduate degrees can help with getting hired but I'm wondering if the financial costs are worth it. #studentdebt #mastersdegree

1

Helen C.’s Answer

0
Hi Caitlyn,

That largely depends on what you intend on studying in grad school. Having a masters degree may help a bit in the education field, but it also depends on your experience. If you’re in the education field, I would try to build up your experiences first and then apply. If you are looking into grad school, I recommend going part time and working part time, especially in the field you are studying in.

Another suggestion is to find a job in the institution where you attend school so that you can get tuition exemption. This option varies by institution so I would check this info before you apply. I generally wouldn’t recommend this, since that would require you to work full time and go to school part time, which leavea you almost no room for yourself unless you’re the ambitious type.

Hope this helps!
0