1 answer

What are some majors to do in college to become a flight surgeon?

Asked Jacksonville, Florida

I want to become a flight surgeon in the Air Force. I need to know what I should study in high school and in college. #air-force

1 answer

Joe’s Answer

Updated Nashville, Tennessee


An Aerospace Medicine Specialist or Flight Surgeon is the primary care physicians for pilots and crew members. In college you should concentrate on the degree requirements for you to enter Medical School. So if you are working on a Pre-Med program in your undergrad program, maybe look at a minor in something to do with flight. It also would be a benefit if you obtained your Private Pilots License (PPL, this way you might understand more of the significance of flight on the body. If you can become a part of an Air Force ROTC Unit that would help you along with looking at the HPSP Scholarship programs.

Take a look at the link I shared:


Joe recommends the following next steps:

  • Review the link of information
  • Look at obtaining your PPL
  • Review the option to obtain a Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) https://www.airforce.com/careers/specialty-careers/healthcare/training-and-education?gclsrc=aw.ds&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsKbMzKyW4AIVhYTICh0trgMaEAAYASAAEgJz_fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds