Besides scholarships, what is the best way to pay for college without getting into serious debt?

I'm asking because I want to have an alternative option in case I am unfortunate in earning a scholarship. #scholarships

Go speak with your financial aid office, there is always money left over or additional money to give out to students that need it but they will not always tell you about it. You have to ask, everything they provide you with isn't always a student loan. Kamilah DeBoest

2

Lissa’s Answer

Hello...

Of the several options available for paying for college, scholarships may be the best option for getting a college degree without getting into debt. Another option is to get a job and pay as you go. That's what I did. I had a full-time job from 1:30pm to 10:00pm and attended college classes during the day from 8:00am to 12:00pm. I scheduled my classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, so I would have plenty of time to do homework or complete projects. The way I did it, was to pay for each semester with my credit card, then pay off the balance by the time the semester ended. I did not use my credit card for any other purchases and made sure that I paid it off by then end of each semester. Now, two Master's degrees later, I am totally debt free of any college tuition...!!

Disclaimer: You have to be VERY disciplined for this to work!!

0