3

When do you start paying for college?

Can you pay while your learning or are all the fees due before the semester? Do you pay for college once you know you've been accepted?
#college #payingforcollege

3

1

Yvonne’s Answer

Hi Rohit,

Yes, you will start paying for college after you have been accepted. How much you pay usually depends on how many classes you will be taking, whether you choose to live in the dorms, whether you select a meal plan with the college dining hall, and whether you select a health insurance within your school's health services. In most cases, students are required to pay for the semester before the classes start. However, students are usually allowed to get a full refund of the fees paid if they decide to drop a class they paid for within a week or two into the semester. If you need financial assistance to pay for college, you could speak to your school's bursar as they are trained professionals who help and work with students in paying for college.

I hope this helps!

1
0

Nicole’s Answer

Hi Rohit S. I see that you posted this question a little while ago so I hope my answer to you (or others who may read this response) is still helpful.

If a student has included student loans as part of their financial aid package, that student (or student representative, in my case my parents), can determine with the lender, when they can start paying. In my case, I know that my student loans were starting to get paid even before I completed my degree...but that was AFTER my parents were sure that I was serious about completing my degree :). In other words, it may take a minute, a year or a couple of semesters for a student to be clear on what they want to study and what degree they will graduate with. Some of us though, need a more precise timeline...so I think that generally, you can arrange with the lender of the loan to begin paying back by the end of your second semester.

What I can confirm is that starting the payback process early can ease the burden once you have graduated.

Hope you find this answer helpful. Best of luck to you!
0