I don't know what to minor in, what can I minor in?

1

I'm planning to major in biology, although I don't know what to minor in. I love medicine, especially like helping people, I want to become a doctor of some sort but I don't know what kind of doctor. #pre-med #biology #doctor

I was really uncertain of what I wanted to do until AFTER writing essays for mostly STEM scholarships! I met with the CEO of Going Merry, Charlie (Stanford Business Graduate) who has a passion to help students graduate without debt. Also got to meet some sponsors who were doctors, dentists, scientist, engineers, etc. Could ask about daily life of a dr! Maybe even get networked for an internship! If you are motivated you can start to earn too! It makes things easier, but you still need to put in the hard work! My advice is put in the effort now so you do not have to worry in the future! https://www.goingmerry.com/c/caitlinp-l0dy (refer for free swag) The big take away is pick something you are passionate to study! Find a topic you would enjoy learning/writing about! Caitlin P.
1

Karen’s Answer

0

Search your college's website for the Undergraduate Course Catalog (or just course catalog). This document should list all minors that the college offers and the requirements needed to achieve that minor (which courses and in some cases what GPA is needed).

Speak with your academic advisor or a professor you really like to see what minors they suggest given your goals. I would imagine that another related field like chemistry or psychology would apply, but also consider some other topics such as computer science or mathematics. Computer Science can lead to more technology-related jobs in healthcare which are on the rise. Mathematics shows that you can solve problems.

Take a look at the requirements and what you have completed already. For example if you were required to take Calculus I and Calculus II for your major, you may find that you already have a good percentage of the Mathematics minor completed. Look for any overlapping and check with your academic advisor about best tactics to complete a minor with the courses you have remaining. If there is enough space and enough overlap, you could potentially get a dual minor.

Karen recommends the following next steps:

• Find out what minors are offered (look in the course catalog)
  • Speak with your academic advisor and/or a professor you like
0