which career do you think is better culinary arts, technology, or being in the gaming industry?

Updated Haslet, Texas

I am in 6th grade and I love just about a little bit of everything. The careers I am looking into are all very different from each other, so I need help on deciding. I also want to know the pros and cons of the careers. I have always loved cooking, and sometimes I even make meals for my family. My cousin is in college and he got hired for Microsoft and I love learning new things about technology so I thought it was a great choice. With gaming I love playing all sorts of games but my favorite are video games, I love using ideas for making fun games, items, etc. I would really appreciate to know even more about these careers. Thank you for your time, to answer my questions. #technology #culinary-arts #cooking-and-baking #gaming-industry #online-gaming #computer-gaming

Gary Stephen’s Answer

Updated Harlingen, Texas

Hi, Good question, I think that you asking this question in 6th grade is very mature and means that you are thinking about your future which is great. I will not answer as to which career is best because that is a personal choice and decision for you...I will tell you that all of your interests are good career choices and there are good opportunities for education and jobs in all 3 fields. I would suggest to do more research on your interest areas, education, careers, etc...since you have a lot of time before high school and college/career decisions...good luck!

I will make sure I research to learn more. Thank you for your answer
Hi Hana, I used to be in the same situation you're in now. When I first graduated high school I was torn between Culinary and Information Technology. I was also a huge fan of computer games and I was playing video games from the time I finished my school work until I went to sleep. This made me think. I'm on my computer all the time. I know how to build them, repair them, and troubleshoot them. I did some research for some classes online and found that a bunch of the intro classes were things that I had already knew how to do. Follow your heart and choose the path where you wake up everyday excited to go to work. You spend most of your life working and sleeping so its important you enjoy what you do.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WISHES
thank you for your advice
thank you for your advice and help
thank you for giveing gift for my brithday
thank you for giving gift for my birth day

Rosie’s Answer

Updated California, California

Hello Hana!

How much fun are you having learning new things! Each opportunity is uniquely different, wonderful and exciting. I can only speak for myself and my chosen career but if you want the opportunity to work hard, do different things all the time and have immediate gratification. Than you may want to think about a field in culinary arts. We stand on our feet for long hours but we get to work with cool things like fire, knives and different kinds of food! Our creative opportunities are endless and we can learn about business too! It's a fast past, control chaos team environment that is a lot of hard work. Most of us love it so it doesn't feel like work. Remember focus on what you love and you you will make the right decision. Have fun!

Hope this helps,

R

Rita’s Answer

Updated San Francisco, California

Its great that you're already exploring and thinking about different options. A couple of suggestions: - get a bit deeper into each of these 3 areas, and then a little bit more deeper, and you'll discover how much you really like what or it might lead down to more avenues you haven't thought of yet. - get more creative and figure out a way to marry your interests. You can gamify cooking - for example, which leverage technology, culinary as well as gaming skills.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WISHES
thank you for your advice
thank you for giving gift for my brith day

Joel’s Answer

Updated Washington

Being a part of the gaming industry

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WISHES