Skip to main content
6 answers
7
Asked 338 views

What are some ways I can personalize my application essays (most likely going to major in nursing)?

For some reason I tend to just be blank out whenever I try to think an ur memories or moments that I would be able to write about. What are some tips for remembering things like that too?


7

3 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Paige’s Answer

Hello Jineen,
Great question. Depending on the essay questions, I recommend utilizing previous experiences to answer questions about why you are interested in pursuing nursing specially. Whether is a personal experience, volunteer or professional experience, leaning on this experience will assist with assist with the why behind your interest in pursuing this career path. Try to let your voice be heard in your writing as it's important this is a reflection of who you are and your career goals. Reflect on what it is that draws you to this helping profession specifically. Best of luck to you!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Ali’s Answer

Sometimes it helps me to forget that I'm writing an essay. You can try sitting with a blank document or piece of paper and just writing freely any of your thoughts - related or not. It removes blockers from our brains and allows us to be more creative.

Don't be too hard on yourself - you got this!
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Sijoy’s Answer

Hi Jineen,
Feeling stuck while writing application essays is completely normal, especially when you are trying to find meaningful moments to share. The great news is that your story doesn't have to be dramatic. Even small, everyday experiences can reveal your true character and motivation.

Some ways to make your essays more personal:
Connect to your nursing which you love - Reflect on why it appeals to you. Was there a time you helped someone, cared for a family member, or admired a nurse? Even simple acts of care can be powerful.

Highlight values and show qualities like empathy, resilience, and curiosity. Share moments that showcase these traits, even if they are not academic.

Show the growth aspect and choose experiences where you learned something about yourself, like overcoming a challenge, balancing responsibilities, or discovering patience.

Be more Specific: Instead of saying "I want to help people," describe a moment when you actually did and how it made you feel.

Some personal tips which i use for remembering meaningful moments:
List events or activities from each school year. Seeing them in order can help jog your memory this is a timeline exercise.

Think about places like a classroom, hospital, or family gathering. What did you see, hear, or feel there? this is about sensory recall of the moments.

Share stories with friends or family. They often remind you of things you have forgotten.

Spend 10 minutes writing about "a time I felt proud" or "a time I helped someone." Focus on capturing the memory, not grammar. Document the way you like it.

Remember, your essay does not need to be perfect right away. Start with raw notes and shape them into a story. By reflecting now, you are showing you care about being genuine, and that's exactly what admissions teams want to see.

Wishing you confidence and clarity as you write and i am sure you have got this.
0