Skip to main content
2 answers
3
Asked 249 views

How can I use carpentry in the future as a profession?

pay,benefits.


3

2 answers


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Anna’s Answer

Hello! I think carpentry can be a great career, especially if you don’t mind physical labor, enjoy working with your hands, and are creative. I would recommend looking into places that offer carpentry apprenticeships or even starting out as a helper or assistant for a carpenter. This would give you a chance to get some hands-on experience and really see what the job is like before deciding if it’s something you want to pursue as a career.

When I was in high school, I thought I wanted to work at a hair salon. Someone suggested that I apply at a salon and shadow someone so I could actually see what the job was like. Let me tell you, it was NOT what I thought or expected! I was honestly so happy that I had the chance to experience it before investing time and money into beauty school because I realized it wasn’t something I wanted to do.

That’s why I think it’s so important to try things out, shadow someone, or get some hands-on experience before committing to a career. You might discover that you really love carpentry, or you might find out that it’s not what you expectedand that’s okay too! The important thing is that you’re learning what you like and what you don’t like.
0
0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

TRAVIS’s Answer

Yes, that is an excellent career field if you like working with your hands. Look up the union scale for the millwright union and that will give you an idea of how much they earn.
0