Skip to main content
1 answer
2
Asked 47 views

I know I have a career but I can't figure out what it is.

I left my first job because I didn't like the work, even though it paid well and was remote. I don't like being stuck in one field doing the same work (leads) for 7 days. I am starting not to like marketing, but that is what I'm good at. The titles, nature of work, and the idea of servicing products to prospects dread me more than before. I want to pivot to another field, but it feels like a waste to use only a short list of transferable skills. Some fields I want require a degree/ internships not related to my experience/education. After months, I am still lost, and I'm scared to put a lot of effort into it only for it to be a waste.


2

1 answer


0
Updated
Share a link to this answer
Share a link to this answer

Sunil’s Answer

Remember this quote next time you feel this way. "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, program a computer, cook a tasty meal. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert A. Heinlein

Having said that, you will only make exceptional progress in your career if you 1) enjoy what you do and 2) be an expert that people can rely on. It is not uncommon to search for your calling through your 20s.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll eventually find your way!
0